Facts And Figures: 21 Reasons GYB Stands Out
The unusual emergence of a 40years old unusual Guy as the Chief Executive Officer superintending the unique State of Kogi from LUGARD HOUSE, Lokoja was a stunner. Yahaya Adoza Bello was in every mold different from the pack, having been in Politics for less than two years before he became the Governor of the Confluence State of Kogi, and that reality set the stage for an unusual protocol in governance.
Born on the 18th day of June, 1975 and sworn into office as the Executive Governor of Kogi State on the 27th day of January, 2016, the Youngman popularly referred to as GYB an acronym for Governor Yahaya Bello, is a true leader of men/women, a patriot and a credible manager of resources.
Vilified, lampooned, hated and castigated by the political establishment on account of his unusual emergence on our political kaleidoscope, GYB refused to join issues with his traducers but to silence his critics through unequaled service delivery. Harassed and harangued by Godfathers, he chose silence deciding to endear himself to all through responsible and responsive leadership. And troubled by career politicians at home and across the nation, he chose hard work over propaganda, and that is the enigma called GYB.
Understanding the enormous challenge on him being one of the foremost Youths in leadership, he refused to deploy propaganda in the discharge of his watch over Kogi State, but to speak through profound service delivery, and here we present the 21 things that qualify GYB for higher office, indeed the 21 REASONS GYB STANDS OUT.
1. GYB inherited a State that was largely divided on ethnic, religious and cultural grounds, but undeterred he chose to unite his people indiscriminate of the multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, multi-religious, and multi-cultural tendencies of the State. The Igalas, Igbiras, Okuns, Owore, Owe et al found in this enigma a worthy son. This he did by locating infrastructures across the State, appointing the best hands indiscriminate of ethnic or religious differences, and being a Muslim he is the first Governor to build a CHAPEL for Christian worship in the Government House. GYB believes that though tongues, faith and tribes may differ that Kogi State is ONE. And he will replicate same in higher office.
2. GYB has made Kogi the safest State in the North Central and indeed the entire North through the proactive cooperation of his government with all the layers of National Security and indeed the setting up of a very effective Kogi State Vigilante Service. The records are visible, that being the Confluence State and the doorway to the South from the North and vice versa, Kogi State today has the least tale of violent crimes, kidnappings and banditry, thanks to the Astute watch of GYB Governor Yahaya Bello (GIVE YOUR BEST), the one who GIVES HIS BEST.
3. GYB is a bridge builder, he has seamlessly integrated both the OLD and the YOUNG in the governance of the State, little wonder Kogi has become a spectacle in peaceful coexistence. Nigeria has got something coming from this Youngman.
4. GYB is an unblemished Patriot, he has in an uncommon way shown how doggedly he loves his people, Kogi State and indeed Nigeria by insisting that we interrogate the COVID19Post pandemic, and stop the now prevalent copy and post approach to the scourge. He has spoken boldly against another possible lockdown of the economy because ‘we must first live to fight a disease’. And Kogi State has apparently remained COVID19 free because of the unusual approach of the State to the pandemic. GYB is a leader that thinks outside the Box, and a patriot per excellence, he is indeed one largely deserving of higher office.
5. GYB inherited months of backlog of unpaid salaries in his first term for which he was largely lampooned, vilified, hated and castigated, but rather than fight or disparage his critics, he went to work, today Kogi State does not owe a worker, and today KOGI STATE effectively pays her pensioners.
6. GYB’s State of Kogi leads the chart of States that has serviced and reduced her Local debts; indeed the Debt Management Office has it on record that Kogi State has recently reduced its local debts by a whooping 51Billion, and the State next on the Chart by about 20billion. The silent Achiever Governor Yahaya Bello has GOT YOUR BACK and he wants to do the same for Nigeria.
7. GYB’s Kogi State led the pack in the total resources that accrued to the Nation during the last COVID19 lockdown because Kogi State maintained very minimal lockdown, and remains the State with the least COVID19 mention.
8. GYB is a study in leadership, and a course in proactive and progressive service delivery.
THINK GYB FOR NIGERIA.
This expose’ on the Youngman whose acronym GYB stands for GOT YOUR BACK, GIVE YOUR BEST and GROW YOUR BASE is the story of a leader with passion, competency and capacity, and one deserving of the trust of higher office.
TO BE CONTINUED…
Chabor Musa Nyamgul Jnr.
Convener GOT YOUR BACK NIGERIA (GYB NIGERIA).