Southern Taraba PDP Stakeholders Reply Petitioners In A Letter To NWC
Dear Leaders of our great party.
Our attention was rudely drawn to a letter making the rounds in the public domain purportedly demanding, among other fictitious things, the replacement of Distinguished Senator Emmanuel Bwacha (CON) as the Deputy Minority Leader of the 9th Senate on the grounds of anti party activities. The badly written letter, strewn with grammatical errors and purportedly signed by members of our party lacked sense, finesse and even bare faced facts available to be cross-checked. It is an embarrassing piece of writing hurriedly put together by charlatans working for their stomachs and ignoring the sanctity of facts. This retort has thus become necessary so as not to muddle up issues and hoodwink the unsuspecting minds. We shall therefore itemised their areas of concentration and shed a little light on them because the truth is very liberating.
ANTI PARTY ACTIVITIES
The petitioners sponsor on whose behalf the jaded protesters are writing is actually the BIGGEST anti party governor in the history of our great party in Taraba state. And this can be fact checked. Everything about their paymaster has brought failure to the fortunes of the party. From his low performance on the job to alienating leading members of the Party , their puppeteer has practically killed PDP in the state today. In fact, Senator Bwacha is the only one sustaining the party, especially in Southern Taraba. For while Senator Bwacha is busy picking bills and supporting the welfare of PDP members, their payer has decimated members by flooding the party with APC adventurists whom he placed in strategic position. Here are a few examples of their paymaster’s anti party activities:
- In the build up to 2019 polls, their paymaster promised the APC that he would return to their party apparently to guarantee him “safe landing” after his tenure. That’s how his romance with the party started. He was constantly meeting with APC national leaders thereafter but the party saw through his antics.
- Still in 2019, their paymaster tried hard to upset the chances of Senator Bwacha by throwing all sorts of roadblocks along the senatorial race. He sent all sorts of people to upset the Senate race, including sponsoring one of his commissioners. If Senator Bwacha had lost that primaries, the PDP would have lost the Senate seat.
- Sponsoring Joel Ikenya: these petitioners paymaster, having failed to deny Senator Bwacha the senatorial ticket in PDP, recruited Joel Ikenya, a minister in PDP then and supported him handsomely to run against Bwacha under APGA. The whole state was shocked at the level of the anti party development. Senator Bwacha won against all odds. Their paymaster then compensated Joel Ikenya with a chairmanship of a board in the state. This is the height of anti party.
- A classical case of anti party is how their paymaster supported the current Senator representing the Central Zone against, Sen. Yusuf of the APC, as opposed to the PDPs candidate, Dahiru Bako. Bako of the PDP was going to win that race but their paymaster who was directed by an Adamawa based politician affiliated to the Presidency, to swing it in Yusufs favour. Today, Yusuf hardly opposes their paymaster as a show of gratitude. If all his anti party activities is unraveled, their master ought to resign or be sacked all together from the party.
- Paying DSK to run. Their paymaster has allegedly paid a member of the APC, David Sabi Kente, huge sums of money to start campaigning for governorship. His ploy is to muddle the PDP project and inject confusion in southern Taraba that hopes to still produce the next governor. DSK is his joker in the entire plot. It is a gambit that would affect PDP chances at the polls. Nothing is more anti party than that.
POSITION OF THE DEPUTY MINORITY LEADER.
Senator Emmanuel Bwacha knows the law having trained as a lawyer. So he knows that the position he occupies is guaranteed by his membership of the party. Besides there are no legal grounds for him to evacuate the party. So what are those petitioners talking about? Their postulations is therefore anchored on dense ignorance.
The petitioners paymaster has become a poster child of corruption to the point volumes can be written on the subject. Suffice it to say he steals directly. There has been cases of he collecting money directly from Madrid sellers as he travels round the state. His state of art hotels everywhere are a testimony to his primitive stealing. One of his hotels in Abuja used to be a back water beer parlour but today it has been upgraded to a near 5 star hotel with Taraba s money. This is apart from other investments in hotels all over the country. His theft is petty as it is pathetic. It is amazing that the EFCC has turned a blind eye to may of the man’s financial indecency. Reports says a certain top PDP leader with great connection is stopping or slowing his probe by the anti graft body. Or how else can anyone explain that the tea plantations he fraudulently acquired has been returned to him. His corruption is a subject for another day. Taraba people are almost unanimous in their condemnation of the man and his thefts. And everyone is aghast as the state sink deeper into debt. Today the debt stands at 200 billion naira. If Lagos incurred a 49 billion debt in one year, why should Taraba- a rural state without enough IGR gross up to 40 billion also in one year??? All these has brought the Party to great disrepute in the state.
A FAILED PLAN TO JOIN APC
Unknown to many Taraba PDP and these petitioners, their paymaster had actually made many overtures to join the APC. The party rejected him and strongly repudiated him. He actually wanted to move into the party to shield himself from prosecutions after office. To his shockers, he was roundly rejected by APC because they saw him as a liability.
He has always romanced with the APC. Today, the PDP Leadership in the state is mostly peopled by elements of the APC having pushed everyone out. No authentic PDP politician is with him.
FRUSTRATING PDP POLICIES
Their master’s ultimate goal is to frustrate PDP attempts to bring dividends of democracy to the people of the state. He recently tried hard to frustrate the flagging off of the Mararaba/Donga road due to his envy of the success of Senator Bwacha. As petty as that sounds, it is obvious he is jealous of all the giant stride of the Senator. He has been rejected and taunted by all the people in southern Taraba including those from Takum his own town. He tells everyone that Sen Bwacha is using the proceeds of his office to oppress him. If that is the case, why then is he picking a fight with such a person. He should have made the senator an ally.
Their paymaster is glaringly unelectable in Southern Taraba. He is a discredited individual that has lost the base. Even in his hometown, the disaffection is palpable as he has pauperized his own people. The entire state shares the same feeling. Even when he recently said guns should be owned by everyone, some people said that is a danger to him. The citizens might use it against him. He would easily lose the general election if given the senatorial ticket. PDP has very reputable members that can run for Senate in southern Taraba- someone that could continue in the gigantic footsteps of Senator Bwacha.
All their paymaster has been doing is boasting that he could bribe his way through to win the Senate race the borrowed money he stole but many citizens are asking this: “if he didn’t stay In the state as Governor, will he even spend a day in Taraba when he becomes Senator?”
The petitioners have nothing serious to say and their postulations is anchored on nothing. They are self serving and self seeking. They have no idea what they are even talking about other than trying hard to get their share of the food from their master’s table. They should therefore be ignored and treated with ignominy. If they want to talk about anti party, they start with the man who sent them on this wild goose chase.
Hon. Isa Stephen (JP)
Ramatu Shuaibu Umar
Mrs. Asabe Fanya
Adamu Sale Ibi
King James Ajiya
Chief Micah Ada