UMUAHIA— The Abia State government has discovered a covert tunnel in Lokpanta, in the Umunneochi council area of the state, where kidnappers hold their captives.
Men from the Operation Crush security team, who conducted a raid in the area, found the evil tunnel, according to Mr. Ferdinand Ekeoma, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity.
He explained that the hidden tunnel was made visible as the government deployed earth-moving equipment to the area.
He said: “The hidden tunnel was discovered as the state government led by Governor Alex Otti, deployed earth-moving equipment to clear the area after the criminal cartel succumbed to the superior firepower of the government-backed Operation Crush.
“We will not surrender an inch of our territory to criminals. During the launch of the Abia State Joint Security Task Force (Operation Crush), Governor Otti ordered security agencies to ensure that all criminals, especially kidnappers making life hellish for the people of Umunneochi and other parts of the state were brought to justice and their criminal infrastructure and architecture destroyed.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities