AFCON Qualifiers: Peseiro Hopeful Of Defeating Guinea-Bissau
Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro has promised that the team will defeat the Djurtus of Guinea-Bissau in today’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers match.
The match comes up today in the tiny Indian Ocean country.
The PUNCH reports that the Guinea-Bissau national football team defeated Super Eagles 1-0 in Abuja last week.
Responding to questions on Sunday, the coach of the Super Eagles said, “If we repeat the performance of last Friday in the second leg, we will beat them 3-0. No team can take good luck all the time.”
“We scored two goals against Sierra Leone with less amount of pressure. Then we had about 50 per cent of the opportunities we had today and beat them 2-0.”
Peseiro had said the Super Eagles were unlucky to convert the chances that they created in last match.
He said, “First of all congratulations to Guinea-Bissau. We missed many goals, we could have been here for another hour and not score, sometimes it happens in football,” Peseiro told reporters at the post-match press conference.
“I’m not happy of course, I am sad like my team but they did the maximum. We created many, many clear opportunities but it was a bad day. If we played in the way we played today, we (are supposed to) beat Guinea-Bissau.
“Guinea-Bissau were lucky and very bad luck for us.”
- Amaobi Ogah, ‘A Bull In China Shop’
- itel Campus All Stars: Showcasing Nigeria’s Finest Talents Across Higher Institutions
- Itel Celebrates Children’s Day 2023 With Over 1,000 Children In Abuja
- Nigerian Idol Season 8: 10 Contestants Earn Judges’ Approval For Live Show
- Children’s Day: Buhari Tasks Children On Values Of Integrity, Honesty