Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has mourned the death of his Ondo State counterpart, Rotimi Akeredolu.
Fubara expressed shock over the death of the lawyer who died on Wednesday after battling prostate cancer.
He described the deceased as one leader dedicated to the service and well-being of his people and humanity.
This was contained in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Thursday by the media aide to the governor, Boniface Onyedi.
Fubara said the news of Akeredolu’s passing was disturbing as the death is not just a loss to Ondo State but to the entire nation.
Fubara stated, “Chief Rotimi Akeredolu was a fine gentleman, with high respect for the rule of law as a seasoned lawyer.
“In this state of mourning and grief, our prayers are with the family, the government and the people of Ondo State.”
While praying for the repose of his soul, he also asked God to comfort his family, the government and the people of Ondo State for the painful exit of the governor.
- The 10th edition of Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome holds March 15th to 17th
- Hardship: Why S-East Refuses To Participate In Protests —Umahi
- Abia Power Project’s Success Can Be The Repeated In Lagos, Others—Nnaji
- Gowon Is Our Hero, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River Aborigines Say
- FG Intends To Send Some Doctors Abroad For Training