APC Trying to Scare Me to Defect, Says Gov. Darius
Taraba state helmsman, Governor Darius Ishaku has hinted that the ruling All Progressive Congress wants to use scare tactics to get him to defect. Ishaku, a second term PDP governor, has been rumoured to be planning to defect to the APC in furtherance of his Senatorial ambition in 2023.
But distancing himself from the rumours, Ishaku, a former minister, said it is the APC that’s using scare tactics to get governors of the PDP to defect. Speaking on a CHANNELS TV program, Politics Today and monitored by KWARARAFA REPORTERS, Ishaku said the ruling party thrives in thoroughly scrutinizing all the books of a state to find ways of indicting governors. Ishaku hinted the style was used on him.
It would be recalled that the state was in the news recently as anti graft bodies descended on Jalingo.
According to Ishaku, the opposition PDP would win both the state and the federal polls in 2023, noting that the governors currently defecting to the APC would “have problems there”.
Ishaku also stressed the need for support from the Federal government in states efforts to provide security.
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu