Early yesterday morning, five bandits viciously attacked Mallam Suleiman Mai Rake’s home in Unguwar Yayyara, Yantumaki village, Danmusa Local Government Area, Katsina State.
The victim, said to be the father of Isa Bawa Yantumaki, a member of the Katsina Community Watch Corps, tragically lost his life during the invasion and the assailants made away with two of his cows.
Earlier, around 5 pm on Friday, a group of bandits, riding seven motorcycles and believed to be from Madachi forest, struck Ungwar Damari in Sabuwa LGA, killing one Shehu Armaya’u, a member of the Katsina Security Watch Corps and two others.
Sunday Vanguard learnt from a source that Armaya’u, who recently obtained permission to visit his family, met his demise in the attack.
According to the source, Armay’au and the two other victims, identified as Lawal and Mamuda, all hail from Damari village.
Despite clamp down from the Katsina Community Watch Corps, in conjunction with other security agents, findings by Sunday Vanguard revealed that over 100 locals have been abducted and scores of others have lost their lives in the past one month alone.’
Spokesperson for Katsina Police Command, ASP Abubakar Sadiq Aliyu, was yet to confirm the report as of press time.
- Assessing Nigerian Navy’s Impactful War Against Oil Theft
- ALHAJA LATEEFAT GBAJABIAMILA AT 94: TRIBUTE TO A REMARKABLE LIFE
- The 10th edition of Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome holds March 15th to 17th
- Hardship: Why S-East Refuses To Participate In Protests —Umahi
- Abia Power Project’s Success Can Be The Repeated In Lagos, Others—Nnaji