The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has congratulated Victor Osimhen and Asisat Oshoala on winning the 2023 African Players of the Year in the men and women categories respectively.
In a series of tweets on his X handle on Tuesday, the former Vice President wrote, “I am both excited and delighted at the news that Nigeria’s Victor Osimhen and Asisat Oshoala have won the prestigious CAF Player of the Year in the men and women categories, respectively.
“This is no mean feat and is unprecedented in the rich footballing history of our dear country.
“Osimhen bringing the title to Nigeria after 24 years is no mean feat, as is Asisat Oshoala’s winning the same title for the sixth time.
“The greatness of this generation of Nigerians, irrespective of the leadership challenges of the country, is indeed a beacon of hope to all patriots.
“Congratulations, Victor Osimhen; congratulations, Asisat Oshoala, and congratulations to all Nigerians.”
- Assessing Nigerian Navy’s Impactful War Against Oil Theft
- ALHAJA LATEEFAT GBAJABIAMILA AT 94: TRIBUTE TO A REMARKABLE LIFE
- The 10th edition of Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome holds March 15th to 17th
- Hardship: Why S-East Refuses To Participate In Protests —Umahi
- Abia Power Project’s Success Can Be The Repeated In Lagos, Others—Nnaji