Attempt To Impeach Buhari Waste Of Time -Spokesman
Garba Shehu, the spokesman for the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has dismissed the attempt to sack his principal by some senators as a mere waste of time.
Shehu’s comments come against the background of a walk out staged by some senators on Wednesday, after the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, failed to allow the Minority Leader, Philip Aduda, to move a motion for the sacking of the president.
Via his verified Twitter handle on Thursday, Shehu slammed the opposition lawmakers, saying “The performative and babyish antics of those senators staging a walk out notwithstanding, Senate President Ahmad Lawan’s refusal on Wednesday to entertain the ridiculous motion to impeach our President was quite appropriate and correct.
“We would welcome their collaboration in our efforts to solve the problems Nigerians face on a daily basis. No one is asking them to waste their time attempting to impeach a democratically elected President at the end of his second term – certainly not their constituents.”
Saying that they (senators) probably wanted to make headlines, the senior special adviser to the president said, “They should ask themselves: do they want to be in government or do they want to be in the headlines? If they want to be in the government they should start acting like it and stop undermining Nigerian voters.”
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu