An officer of Katsina State Police Command has lost his life after bandits reportedly dressed in Hijab attacked his duty post at Saki Jiki village, Batsari Local Government Area of the state.
The Command’s spokesman, Abubakar Aliyu confirmed this to newsmen on Friday, noting that another policeman sustained injury in the attack.
He said the incident occurred at 8 pm on Thursday, adding that the police were already on top of the situation at the duty post.
The statement read, ” Yesterday( Thursday) at about 8 pm, some suspected armed bandits, deceitfully dressed in hijab, attacked officers at their duty post situated in Saki Jiki village of Batsari Local Government Area.
“The officers responded bravely and successfully repelled the attack. However, one officer lost his life and another was injured as a result of the attack.
“Further development will be communicated in due course please”
Bandits recently renewed attacks in the state as Batsari Local Government Area experienced no fewer than two attacks in the week.
In the same vein, the bandits attacked Kukar Babangida village, Jibia Local Government Area last week where they killed nine residents including the village head.
The bandits also reportedly abducted three students of a private University in the state on Sunday.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities