President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has extended his Condolences to the family of the late Chief of Army Staff, Major-General Chris Alli, and the Nigerian Army, over his passing on Sunday.
President Tinubu’s sympathies were contained in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Chief Ajuri Ngelale.
On Moday, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mourns Alli, described his passing as a painful loss, saying he served his country faithfully.
The late Major-General Alli was the Chief of Army Staff from 1993 to 1994 when he retired from service.
The President said, “I condole with the Alli family and the Nigerian Army over the sad loss of the former Chief of Army Staff. He served his country with honour and retired meritoriously. May the Almighty God rest his soul and grant his family the fortitude to bear the huge void.”
Major-General Alli held other important positions in the Nigerian Army, such as Director of Military Intelligence, before his elevation to Chief of Army Staff. He was a respected officer.
- BREAKING: Police Disperse Bauchi Varsity Students Protesting Schoolmate’s Killing
- (FULL LIST) English FA Cup Third-Round Draw
- Tinubu Committed To Diversifying Economy Through Solid Minerals – Alake
- Tinubu’s 50 Percent Subsidy On Agriculture Input Panacea To Inflation – APC Chieftain
- Delta Communities To Experience Eight-Days Blackout