BREAKING: APC Primaries: Governor Yahaya Bello Kicks as Adamu Announces Lawan as Consensus
Crisis has hit the All Progressives Congress (APC) following the announcement of Senate President Ahmed Lawan as consensus presidential aspirant by the national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu.
Adamu made the announcement at the meeting of National Working Committee (NWC) on Monday in Abuja.
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state a major aspirant rejected the move and insisted other aspirants must be given a level playing ground to compete.
Yahaya Bello was seen angrily storming out of the venue of the APC governors meeting vowing to address the press on the development
Adamu’s adoption of Lawan as consensus candidate is against the position of 11 APC northern Governors, who endorsed that power must shift to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.
Adamu told the National Working Committee that he arrived at the choice of Lawan after consultation with President Buhari.
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu