A one-storey building with a penthouse has collapsed and trapped a baby and two females on Herbert Macaulay Way in the Ebute Meta area of Lagos State.
Margaret Adeseye, Director of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, confirmed the collapse and stated that two adult females and a baby, remain trapped under the debris.
Rescue efforts are ongoing, with search and rescue teams working tirelessly to locate and extricate the remaining family members.
One adult female has already been rescued alive and is in stable condition, offering a glimmer of hope amidst the tragedy, she added.
The State Emergency Response Unit is fully activated and working alongside the Fire and Rescue Service to coordinate the operation.
Officials urge residents to avoid the area to allow emergency personnel unrestricted access to the site and facilitate smooth rescue operations.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities