Buhari’s Minister Slumps at Event, Rushed to Hospital in Bauchi
Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Mrs Maryam Katagum, on Monday slumped while on an official engagement in Bauchi State.
The minister, who was in Bauchi to launch an empowerment programme held at Sanin Malam Plaza in Bauchi, suddenly slumped as she tried to deliver her speech at the ceremony and was rushed to the Trauma Centre of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH) for medical attention.
An eyewitness revealed that since she arrived the venue of the ceremony, the minister had looked withdrawn touching her head occasionally as the programme was going on with the Bauchi State Deputy Governor, Sen Baba Tela, in attendance.
Another eyewitness said that the minister slumped as she stood up to deliver her address and launch the programme, adding that she just held her head and went down flat.
As of the time of filing this report, she was at the trauma centre of the ATBUTH where she is receiving medical attention with the Deputy Governor monitoring the situation.
At Trauma Centre of ATBUTH, officials of the ministry as well as those of the state government were seen monitoring the situation as one of them confirmed that the minister was indeed inside the hospital.
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu