At approximately 11 p.m. on Saturday, an accident near the Kara Bridge on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway resulted in the reports of three fatalities.
A statement from Florence Okpe, the spokeswoman for the Federal Road Safety Corps’ Ogun State Sector Command, stated that an Iveco truck with the license plate AA414ZY and a Cabster PickUp with the license plate ZUR 601ZY were involved in the collision.
The cause of the accident was said to be excessive speed making the vehicles lose control and crash.
The bodies of the dead were said to have been taken away by the family members for burials.
Auto crash claims 11 lives in Jigawa
The statement partly read, “The fatal crash occurred at about 2300 hrs late last night, involving 02 vehicles with registration numbers AA414ZY IVECO TRUCK AND A CABSTER PICK UP ZUR 601ZY
“A total of 04 persons were involved all male adults.
Sadly, one person was reported unharmed and three people were reported dead.
Excessive speed is thought to have contributed to the crash by causing a loss of control. The deceased were removed by relatives.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities