Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji, has declared three days of mourning for Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu, who died as Governor of Ondo State on Wednesday.
Akeredolu was, until his death, the Chairman of the Southern Governors Forum and South West Governors Forum.
Gov. Oyebanji, according to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Yinka Oyebode, declared the three-day state mourning on Friday.
All flags at public buildings across the state will be flown half-mast for the three days of mourning.
Meanwhile, Oyebanji, who had earlier conveyed his condolences to the government and people of Ondo State, paid a condolence visit to the family of the late Akeredolu at their Ibadan residence on Friday.
Recall that Oyo State governor, Mr Seyi Makinde, had also earlier declared a three-day mourning in his state in honour of the late Akeredolu.
His declaration came on the heels of that of Ondo State, which had led the way in declaring three days of mourning in honour of Akeredolu.
Akeredolu died at 67 in Germany, where he had gone for medical treatment for prostate cancer.
- Road Accident Killed 1,323 In Q4 2023, Says NBS
- Zamfara Assembly Speaker is Suspended Due To Insecurity
- Police Dig Up, Display Remains Of 2Baba, Killer Of Rivers DPO
- CSOs to NASS: Probe FG’s $3.4 Billion COVID-19 Loan, Saves On Subsidies And Other
- EFCC Disproves Shooting Students During Operation At Kwara Varsity