Finance Minister Suspended Accountant General Indefinitely Over Alleged N80bn Fraud
The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, has suspended the Accountant General of the Federation, Mr. Ahmed Idris, over the allegations by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he laundered over N80 billion.
It was gathered that the minister directed that Idris should proceed on indefinite suspension pending the outcome of the investigation
Media Adviser to the Minister, Mr. Yunusa Tanko, confirmed the suspension to our correspondent.
Confirming the development to Daily Trust in a telephone interview, Abdullahi said, “The AGF has been suspended by the Finance Minister. His suspension will be indefinite until the investigations by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has been concluded.”
The EFCC arrested Idris on Monday, noting that the AGF’s arrest followed verified intelligence that he allegedly “raked off the funds through bogus consultancies and other illegal activities using proxies, family members and close associates.”
The commission’s spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren in a statement said the funds were laundered through real estate investments in Kano and Abuja.
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu