First Lady Condoles Family Of Ex-Women Affairs Minister Jummai Alhassan
First Lady Aisha Buhari, on Monday commiserated with the family of former Minister of Women Affairs, late Sen. Aisha Jummai Alhassan popularly called “Mama Taraba”.
The first lady was accompanied to the deceased residence by her Special Assistant on African First Lady’s Peace Mission, Dr Mairo Almakura and other associates in Abuja.
Buhari described late Alhassan as a courageous woman who stood for the advancement of women, especially the welfare and wellbeing of women and girl-child.
She prayed to almighty Allah to grant the deceased eternal rest and give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
She also said the deceased was a source of inspiration, a detribalised woman and a pillar of support to all Nigerian women.
Our correspondent reports that the late Alhassan died on May 7, after a protracted illness in a Cairo Hospital, Egypt.
Alhassan served as Minister of Women Affairs under President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration from 2015 to 2018.
- How CJN Ariwoola Disguises On Wheelchair In London Hotel For Secret Meeting With Bola Tinubu
- Review Kaduna Election Results Now, Protesters Tell INEC
- RAMADAN: Pray Fervently For the Nation, Engage in Good Deeds, Gov Bello Charges Muslims
- Ekweremadu, wife found guilty of organ trafficking
- China, Russia Agree To Settle Ukraine Crisis Through Dialogue