The management of Gasland Nigeria Ltd. has refuted allegations that it was in charge of the explosion that shook Oyo State’s capital city of Ibadan on Tuesday night.
A statement provided to reporters on Tuesday included this information.
But according to the gas company’s management, the facility is still safe and functional.
The statement reads partly, “We are actively co-operating with emergency responders and local authorities to understand the cause of the incident and ensure the safety of everyone in the vicinity.
“Our hearts go out to those affected by this unfortunate event. We stand with the community during this difficult time and are committed to offering any support we can.
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as they become available.
“Prioritizing Safety: The safety of our employees, neighbors, and the environment is Gasland Nigeria Ltd’s top priority. We adhere to the strictest safety protocols in all our operations and are committed to continuous improvement in this regard.”
Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, meanwhile, claimed that illegal miners who kept IEDs in a house in Bodija were the reason behind the explosion.
Two people lost their lives in the explosion, according to the governor, while 77 others were hurt.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities