The Oyo State Electricity Regulatory Commission Bill has been signed into law by Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde.
At the 20th anniversary celebration of the British American Tobacco Ibadan Plant, he had promised to sign the bill establishing the Oyo State Electricity Regulatory Commission into law.
Today, the governor has fulfilled his pledge for the creation of the commission.
This was obtained from the verified X handle (@seyimakinde) of the governor.
He wrote, “As promised earlier in the week, I signed the Oyo State Electricity Regulatory Commission Bill into law today. This law will enable Oyo State to generate, transmit, and distribute electricity within the state.
“In my remarks during the signing, I said an amendment of the constitution like these is what we mean when we advocate for fiscal federalism.”
Makinde added that as the government works towards energy sufficiency; the people would be able to hold state governments accountable on the issue of electricity supply.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities