Outgoing Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said that he holds the record of the most sued minister probably after the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.
Speaking yesterday in Abuja during a send forth ceremony organised in his honour, he said there were presently 37 suits in court against him, saying his successor would inherit the cases.
He said there was virtually no week that President Buhari did not receive a petition calling for his sack, but the president never bulged but encouraged him to do his job.
On EndSARS saga, Lai wondered that till date, no one had come out to confirm that their family member was killed during the ‘acclaimed’ massacre.
He said the fake news of such incident led the federal government to ban and reach an agreement with Twitter to filter what goes on the platform, hence, it was reopened afterwards.
While mentioning his achievements as minister, he said the ministry succeeded in reassuring the world that despite security challenges, Nigeria was safe for business and leisure, hence, it paid off when Nigeria hosted four international events.
- BREAKING: Police Disperse Bauchi Varsity Students Protesting Schoolmate’s Killing
- (FULL LIST) English FA Cup Third-Round Draw
- Tinubu Committed To Diversifying Economy Through Solid Minerals – Alake
- Tinubu’s 50 Percent Subsidy On Agriculture Input Panacea To Inflation – APC Chieftain
- Delta Communities To Experience Eight-Days Blackout