Jealous Lover Bags Jail Term For Bathing Ex-Girlfriend With Acid
A 32-year-old carpenter, Onyekachi Agu, poured acid on his ex-girlfriend and his rival was on Wednesday sentenced to seven years imprisonment by a Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja.
Justice Oyindamola Ogala handed down the jail term after finding Agu guilty of a count of causing grievous bodily harm to two persons, Aishat Adefarati and Mansur Ahmed in 2020.
When Agu was arraigned, the state prosecutor, Uju Uwangaze, told the court that he committed the offence on July 3, 2020, at Gangare Hotel, Mile 12, in Lagos.
She said Agu traced the victims to the hotel and poured acid on them.
According to the prosecutor, the offence contravened Section 245 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The convict however pleaded not guilty to the charge against him.
In her judgment, Justice Ogala found the defendant guilty on the grounds of his confessional statement and sentenced him accordingly.
- Amaobi Ogah, ‘A Bull In China Shop’
- itel Campus All Stars: Showcasing Nigeria’s Finest Talents Across Higher Institutions
- Itel Celebrates Children’s Day 2023 With Over 1,000 Children In Abuja
- Nigerian Idol Season 8: 10 Contestants Earn Judges’ Approval For Live Show
- Children’s Day: Buhari Tasks Children On Values Of Integrity, Honesty