Join APC, Lose Your Seat, PDP Warns Gov Matawalle
There were media reports on Sunday indicating that Gov Bello Matawalle had concluded a plan to dump the PDP for the APC.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has cautioned the Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle, against defecting from the party to the All Progressives Congress (APC), saying he risks losing his seat.
The spokesperson of the PDP, Kola Ologbondiyan, who stated this at a press conference in Abuja on Monday, said no law allows the governor to cross to the APC or any other party as the governorship mandate was statutorily given to the party through the ballot box as established by the 1999 constitution and the judgement of the Supreme Court.
It also cautioned members of the National Assembly as well as members of the Zamfara State House of Assembly, not to allow themselves to be pushed into losing their seats as the provisions of the the constitution is very clear in barring lawmakers from cross carpeting, except in a situation of a division in the political party upon which platform they were elected.
The PDP was reacting to a reported plan by Mr Matawalle to defect to the APC.
- How CJN Ariwoola Disguises On Wheelchair In London Hotel For Secret Meeting With Bola Tinubu
- Review Kaduna Election Results Now, Protesters Tell INEC
- RAMADAN: Pray Fervently For the Nation, Engage in Good Deeds, Gov Bello Charges Muslims
- Ekweremadu, wife found guilty of organ trafficking
- China, Russia Agree To Settle Ukraine Crisis Through Dialogue