JUST IN: Court Sacks 15 Ebonyi Lawmakers Over Defection to APC
A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered 15 members of the Ebonyi House of Assembly, including the Speaker, who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) to immediately vacate their seats.
Justice Inyang Ekwo, in a judgment on Tuesday, held that their defection was unlawful and that having abandoned that political party on which platform they stood election, they could no longer occupy the seats.
Justice Ekwo declared their seats vacant and restrained them from further parading themselves in the capacity of members of the Ebonyi State House of Assembly.
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu