The Lagos State Government has successfully cleared articulated vehicles that had been causing obstructions and indiscriminate parking along the Cele bus stop inward Tincan Port axis.
Jubril Gawat, the Senior Special Assistant to the state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, confirmed the operation in a post via X on Friday.
Led by The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) General Manager, Olalekan Bakare Oki, the enforcement team, supported by police personnel, descended upon the area at 12:30 a.m. and continued their work until daybreak, clearing the articulated trucks that had been defying the state government’s directive.
Previous attempts to remove the tankers and trucks from the axis had failed, with drivers ignoring the state’s directive to vacate the area. Gawat highlighted that the Special Adviser on Transportation, Hon. Sola Giwa, assured that such enforcement would continue consistently.
Giwa reiterated that the initial directive aimed to underscore the state government’s commitment to ensuring smooth traffic flow and reducing disruptions caused by the persistent presence of heavy-duty vehicles in the specified location.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities