A new Commissioner of Police has been deployed to Lagos State.
Our correspondent reports that the new Commissioner of Police, Fayoade Adegoke, is to replace Idowu Owohunwa, who was recently promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector-General of Police.
Fayoade’s posting was contained in a police wireless message obtained by our correspondent on Tuesday.
The police wireless message, dated December 11, 2023, was marked TH.5361/FS/FHQ/ABJ/T.5/103 and signed by the Nigeria Police Force Secretary, on behalf of the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun.
It said the posting was with immediate effect.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the deployment of Fayoade to the command.
Hundeyin said the new CP “is likely to resume any moment from Wednesday.”
- Zamfara Assembly Speaker is Suspended Due To Insecurity
- Police Dig Up, Display Remains Of 2Baba, Killer Of Rivers DPO
- CSOs to NASS: Probe FG’s $3.4 Billion COVID-19 Loan, Saves On Subsidies And Other
- EFCC Disproves Shooting Students During Operation At Kwara Varsity
- Rapper Ikechukwu Confirms Splitting From Wife