The Rivers Command of the NDLEA arrested 295 drugs suspects in 2023, its commander, Mr Ahmed Mamuda, has said.
Those arrested were 237 males and 58 females.
The command seized 562.239kg of assorted illicit drugs from the suspects, Mamuda stated.
He listed substances seized from the suspects to include cocaine, heroin, hemp, methamphetamine, tramadol, codeine, Rohypnol, and Pentazocine.
Mamuda stated that the command secured the conviction of 115 males and 21 females who also forfeited N1.2 million to the agency, while 47 cases were still pending.
The commander stated also that the command successfully rehabilitated 53 drug-dependent males who had been reunited with their families.
He added that the command provided 112 male and 35 female drug users with counselling and aftercare treatment in 2023.
The command conducted 118 drug abuse awareness and sensitisation programmes in 2023, Mamuda also stated.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities