The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency’s (NDLEA) Edo Command claims to have destroyed 50 hectares of marijuana farms and seized 17 tons of the drug in 2023.
This was revealed on Tuesday in Benin by the agency’s State Commander, Mr. Buba Wakawa, who was briefing reporters on the accomplishments of the command in 2023.
Wakawa said that the hectares were made up of 46 farms located in different parts of the state.
The NDLEA commander said that the suspects chose to engage in the cultivation of the illicit substance, rather than farming of food crops that would be useful to the populace.
The commander said that the agency also seized 17.955 tons of marijuana and other psychotropic substances within the period.
“Marijuana has the highest drug seizure rate (17.487 tons), while other psychotropic drugs, heroin, cocaine, and codeine syrup comprise the remaining values.”
The commander of the NDLEA made a plea to the public to provide the agency with pertinent data that would enable it to minimize drug use in the state.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities