The Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has congratulated Victor Osimhen and Asisat Oshoala on their emergence as the 2023 African Players of the Year, in the men and women categories respectively.
The former Anambra State Governor also celebrated Chiamaka Nnadozie who bagged the 2023 Confederation of African Football Women’s Goalkeeper, and the Nigerian Female football team.
In a series of tweets on his X handle on Tuesday , Obi wrote, ” I like to join all other sports lovers in the country to sincerely congratulate the Nigeria duo of #victorosimhen9 and #AsisatOshoala for emerging African Players of the Year, in the men and women categories respectively this year.
“I also celebrate #Nadoziechiamaka who won the 2023 CAF Women’s Goalkeeper of the Year Award and our Nigerian female football team, Super Falcons, who won the 2023 CAF award for the National Team of the Year.
“We are all proud of their awards, which bear witness to their innate talents, passions for growth, and determination for success.
“My sincere desire is that every Nigerian youth will have the needed enablement to explore and develop their talents, and skills and live to fulfill their dreams, and by so doing, help to contribute to the development of our nation.”
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities