The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chairman of the Lagos State chapter, Mr. Philip Aivoji, was kidnapped on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, and the Police Command in Ogun claims to be hunting down his kidnappers.
Mr. Abiodun Alamutu, the Commissioner of Police (CP) for Ogun, made this statement on Friday while interacting with reporters in Abeokuta.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Aivoji , was abducted by yet-to-be-identified persons on Thursday evening.
He was abducted at Ogere axis of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, alongside nine other party members who were with him.
They were said to be returning from the party’s Stakeholders’ Zonal Caucus Meeting held in Ibadan when they were abducted.
Alamutu assured that the police would catch up with the abductors of the party chieftain.
He said that the police had engaged the gunmen in a gun duel which forced the abductors to release nine of the abducted while the PDP Chairman was taken away.
“It is true, they were kidnapped on Thursday evening at Ogere on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
Nine of the victims were freed as a result of “our men engaging them,” he said, but the PDP chairman was taken away.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities