Asisat Oshoala played 60 minutes for Barcelona Femini who confirmed their place in the final of the Women’s Champions League for a third successive year after they knocked Chelsea out 2-1 on aggregate.
The 28-year-old who has scored 24 goals in 33 games for Barcelona Femini was replaced by Salma Parallueloat in the encounter.
Emma Hayes’ side, thrashed by Barca in the final two years ago, knew they had to score in Spain to overturn a 1-0 first leg deficit.
Facing a side who had won their last 19 home games in Europe, Chelsea’s task became harder when Caroline Graham Hansen slotted in the opener after a devastating counter-attack in the 63rd minute.
But the Blues responded four minutes later – while the majority of the more than 70,000 fans inside Nou Camp were still celebrating – when Guro Reiten coolly struck home after Sam Kerr’s smart run in behind.
Chelsea pushed for the winner as they still trailed on aggregate but it never came as Barcelona confirmed their place in the final for a third successive year.
It ends Chelsea’s pursuit of a treble but they remain firmly in the Women’s Super League title race and will compete with Manchester United for the Women’s FA Cup.
- President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Rejoices With Senate President Godswill Akpabio At 61
- Nigeria Has Sufficient Manpower For Economic, National Development – President Tinubu
- Ekiti Hospital Plans 80% Allocation For Medical Equipment
- Reps Seek International Cooperation In Anti-Corruption Campaigns
- Agbazue Calls For Action Against Gender-Based Violence