The Senate has summoned the nation’s security chiefs over the recent killings in Plateau State.
Those invited include the Chief of Army staff; Taoreed Lagbaja; Chief of Air Staff; Hassan Abubakar; the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Yusuf Bichi; and the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun.
The Senate also observed a minute silence in honour of the victims of the attacks.
The Red Chamber summoning of the security chiefs on Saturday followed a motion of urgent importance moved by Senator Diket Plang, (APC, Plateau Central), over the murder of residents of the state.
The Senate ordered that the security chiefs should appear before plenary in a closed session.
Bandits had on Christmas Eve, December 24 invaded 17 communities in Bokkos Barkin-Ladi and Mangu Local Government Areas of Plateau State, killing over 100 persons.
- Assessing Nigerian Navy’s Impactful War Against Oil Theft
- ALHAJA LATEEFAT GBAJABIAMILA AT 94: TRIBUTE TO A REMARKABLE LIFE
- The 10th edition of Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome holds March 15th to 17th
- Hardship: Why S-East Refuses To Participate In Protests —Umahi
- Abia Power Project’s Success Can Be The Repeated In Lagos, Others—Nnaji