The Police Command in Kaduna says it has foiled a kidnap attempt of a man and his wife in Rigasa area of Igabi local government area of the state.
Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mansir Hassan confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna yesterday.
He said operatives of the command rescued the couple at about 2:05 a.m. on Saturday.
Hassan said the operatives on patrol foiled the kidnap attempt between Train Station to Mando Junction and Mahuta village of Igabi.
“At about 02:05 hours, our operatives intercepted a call that bandits invaded a house.
“The operatives immediately mobilised to the area and engaged the whole area, as a result of that the bandits abandoned their captives.
“The rescued husband sustained injuries on his shoulder and head but rushed to Yusuf Danstsho Memorial Hospital for medical attention.
“The wife has since been reunited with her family,” he said, adding that police had intensified patrol to arrest the culprits.
“Generally, Rigasa area remains relatively calm”.
While reiterating the Command commitment to rid the state of crimes, Hassan urged the residents to provide credible information to the police and other security agencies.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities