The traditional ruler of the Ukpo kingdom in Anambra State, Igwe Robert Eze, has conferred the title of “Enyi Ndigbo” on the Vice President, Kashim Shettima.
Similarly, Igwe Eze conferred the title of “Agu Naechemba Ndigbo” on the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.
The title “Agu Naechemba” means “Lion that protects the public,” and “Enyi Ndigbo” means “Friend of the Igbo People”.
The monarch conferred the titles on the two leaders during the 32nd Ofala festival of Ukpo Dunukofia on Saturday.
The festival was organised and sponsored by Prince Arthur Eze and took place at Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State.
Speaking during the occasion, Igwe Eze, particularly said the chieftaincy title was conferred on Ganduje because he is one of the leading de-tribalism politicians in Nigeria and how he protected the Igbos while he was governor of Kano State.
Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma, Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu, and IGP Kayode Egbetokun, were present at the event.
Ganduje was accompanied by the Vice Chairman South East, Dr Ijeomah Arodiogbu, Deputy Publicity Secretary, Duro Meseko, his Chief of Staff, Muhammad Garba, and Arc. Aminu Dabo.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities