Sunday Igboho: Protest Hits Ibadan Over DSS Raid
Supporters of wanted Yoruba activist Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho have taken to the streets of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, to protest last Thursday’s midnight raid by the Department of State Services on the residence of the Yoruba nation activist.
The protesters gathered in front of Igboho’s house in the Sooka area of Ibadan from where they took to the streets around 12 noon on Wednesday.
They were heard chanting “No retreat, no surrender!”, “Oodua Nation!”, “Sunday Igboho is not a criminal!” amongst other phrases. They also carried placards displaying similar phrases.
They said they would march to the palace of the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji; and from there proceed to the Government House, amongst other places.
“It is a peaceful demonstration; we are marching there to demand the release of the detained persons. We are not afraid of teargas, we are marching to demand the rights of our people.
- BREAKING: Kefas Wins Taraba Guber in a Landslide
- Billions expect avalanche of miracles as grandfinale of Largest Online Healing Crusade with Pastor Chris begins
- Postponement of National Daily Awards
- BREAKING: Taraba PDP Governorship Candidate, Col Agbu Kefas in Early Lead as Counting of Votes Begin
- LEADERSHIP: THE DIRTY JOB DONE By Handsome Okwu