The Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway’s Toll-Gate saw an accident on Saturday that left one man dead and three others injured, according to the Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps. The accident involved an articulated vehicle.
The incident happened at approximately 5:06 am, according to Mr. Adekunle Ajibade, the South-West Area Commander of TRACEC, who spoke with NAN in Ota, Ogun, on Saturday.
Ajibade explained that the vehicle with number plate, XA356 ALD, coming from Sango-Ota to Lagos lost control due to speeding and rammed into four persons waiting to board a bus at Toll-Gate.
He added that the accident resulted in the death of a man, while three others sustained varying degrees of injuries in the fatal truck accident.
“The corpse of the victim has been deposited at the morgue in Ifo General Hospital, Ogun, while the survivors are receiving treatment at Ota General Hospital,” he said.
In order to avoid avoidable collisions, Ajibade advised drivers—especially those operating trucks—to refrain from speeding.
In addition, he restated the agency’s pledge to increase patrols in 2024 in an effort to curb drivers’ excesses and lower crash rates.
- Kebbi :Government Expends N50 Million On Refurbishment Of Firefighting Trucks
- Kebbi Government To Upgrade Primary Health Centres Into Specialised Hospitals
- Kebbi Gov Donates 20 Million Naira To Argungu Market Fire Victims
- Avoid Unimportant Journeys —NYSC DG Advises Crops Members
- NSCDC Caught Two Men Over Cultism, Other Nefarious Activities