Two members of the House of Representatives, Awaji-Inombek Abiante and Boma Goodhead, on Friday, led a solidarity march to the Rivers State Government House in support of Governor Siminalayi Fubara.
They were joined by some members of the Ijaw Youths Council.
Abiante represents Andoni/Opobo/Nkiru Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, while Goodhead represents Asari-Toru/Akuku-Toru Federal Constituency.
The two federal lawmakers led the IYC on a march from the UTC Junction along Azikiwe Road through to Government House and terminated at the State House of Assembly, Moscow Road, Port Harcourt where they addressed youths.
The march came on the heels of the political crisis rocking the state following the face-off between Fubara and his predecessor, Nyesom Wike.
Commissioners and other members of Fubara’s cabinet have been resigning, citing personal
- The 10th edition of Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome holds March 15th to 17th
- Hardship: Why S-East Refuses To Participate In Protests —Umahi
- Abia Power Project’s Success Can Be The Repeated In Lagos, Others—Nnaji
- Gowon Is Our Hero, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River Aborigines Say
- FG Intends To Send Some Doctors Abroad For Training